The Citizens' Report
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 11:43:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
23507 Posts in 3575 Topics by 313 Members
Latest Member: Pontious Pyrex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  The Citizens' Report
|-+  South Carolina
| |-+  Georgetown County SC
| | |-+  Politics and Current Events
| | | |-+  Here is a story you won't read in the local paper - Skipper Inman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Here is a story you won't read in the local paper - Skipper Inman  (Read 1634 times)
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« on: August 19, 2012, 10:10:31 AM »

http://www.postandcourier.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120819/PC16/120819047

Tabloid deserving story on what's going on right here in Georgetown.

The local rag did cover something going on at Greenfield, but it read more like a free advertisement.

http://www.gtowntimes.com/story/Greenfield-Plantation-_-Open-for-weddings--events

I met Skipper Inman at Greenfield before he died.  We had a nice conversation after I fixed one of his computers.  I'm surprised he lived as long as he did.  An interesting fellow with lots of stories to tell.

People with lots of money aren't like the rest of us.  That's for sure.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.  The domain www.georgetowntimes.com is not controlled by me.
Georgetown Times lies

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 04:47:15 PM »

Heck with all the dirt this board has dug up on others like Ron Charlton this story is nothing new. The Georgetown Times lies and lies and lies and lies and lies. Scott Harper is the worst one there. He claims to be pure as the white driven snow but will lie like the rest of them at that paper.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »

I was wrong. The Time stole the story, lock stock and barrel.

Notice:  All posts made by me are my OPINION.  I am not responsible for any comments by others!  The Citizens' Report is provided as a public service to the citizens of Georgetown County for them to report and comment on the news.  The domain www.georgetowntimes.com is not controlled by me.
Georgetown Times lies

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:55:24 AM »

Marty look at the story carefully.

Trouble in Paradise: Duke heir death ignites family flames
Published Sunday, August 19, 2012 5:12 PM
Daralee Inman and her husband, Walker Patterson Inman Jr., an heir to the Duke fortune. Daralee is the stepmother of twins born to Inman and his fourth wife, Daisha.

By Glenn Smith

Post and Courier

With a 10,000-square-foot mansion, 300 acres of manicured grounds and a pair of camels for good measure, Greenfield Plantation is marketed as a picture-perfect locale for love-struck couples to tie the knot.\

They stole the story from the Post and Courier at 5:12 PM. You posted your comment at 10:10 am that morning. So once again Tommy or Scott read this site and said oh $hit the CITIZENS REPORT has showed our stupidity and lies again. They then posted the story to their on line version. There are liars and then there are damn liars and then there is the Georgetown Slimes.
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »

Here are the two comments on the Post & Courier website.  Pretty much sums it up.

++++++++++++

Laurie Hull
08/20/12 at 06:22 PM

What's the point? Paradise? With all of the important things happening in the world around us, why was this front page news? I think this is just wrong, publishing intimate details about a local family, who seems to have suffered enough tragedy already. The content of this article has no consideration for the 14 year old children or the mother who is trying to raise them.

Missy Cowell
08/19/12 at 08:23 AM

This sounds like it belongs in a tabloid not a news reporting newspaper!!

JUSTIFIED

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »

Isn't the Georgetown Times owned by The Post & Courier (Evening Post)?
Was this a stolen story or a shared story?

"He who has nothing to say, should refrain from giving wordy evidence of the fact."-Unknown
"It is better to sit silently and be thought a fool,
than to speak and remove all doubt."-Unknown
Marty Tennant
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 06:58:52 AM »

Shared. Poetic license taken.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: